SMTD Title VI Policy Statement
SMTD’s Notice of Nondiscrimination is as follows:
• The SMTD is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from, participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, age, religion, income status or limited English proficiency (LEP) in any and all programs, activities or services administered by the SMTD in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related nondiscrimination authorities.
• Any person who believes they’ve been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice may file a complaint with the SMTD.
• For more information on the SMTD’s civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 779-771-6778, email email@example.com; or visit our administrative office at 11722 Main St., Roscoe, IL 61073.
• A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE Washington, DC, 20590.
• If information is needed in another language, contact 779-771-6778.
Si se necesita informacion en otro idioma de contacto, 779-771-6778.
Stateline Mass Transit District unequivocally seeks to provide fair and equitable transportation to all persons within the District’s service area. No person shall be shorted, limited, or in any other way discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, physical or mental abilities or disabilities, ability to speak or understand the English language, or financial wealth or the ability to earn financial income. SMTD does not discriminate in admission to programs or treatment of employment in program or activities in compliance with appropriate State and Federal statutes. For complete information on the SMTD Title VI / ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act) Program click HERE or contact SMTD at 779-771-6778. For an ADA Complaint Form in English, click HERE. For an ADA Complaint Form in Spanish, click HERE.
NOTE: Effective 9-1-21, SMTD has moved to its new offices at 11722 Main Street, Roscoe, IL 61073. All telephone calls to 815-624-7788 will be directed to SMTD’s new office number at 779-771-6778. Complaints or comments will continue to be accepted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or to SMTD, 110 E. Main St., Rockton, IL 61072.
SMTD seeks to provide a safe, affordable and reliable service to all persons. SMTD will, upon request, make reasonable modifications to accommodate individuals with disability. Individuals needing special accommodations should contact 877-561-3330 to request.
Stateline Mass Transit District receives funding provided by the Federal Transportation Administration and the Illinois Department of Transportation.